Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas


There are an infinite number of things I love about winter. 
1) Christmas
2) Snow
3) Christmas movies
and so on...

As 1 and 2 on the list are pretty sELF-explanatory I thought in keeping with the spirit of Christmas, I would do a run down of my highs and lows of Christmas movies. 

Comedy:

Elf is possibly the greatest Christmas comedy ever made. One of my favorite quotes is from Buddy the Elf:
Okay, best comedy ties with National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Gotta love me some Chevy Chase slapstick comedy. 
I’ll have to throw A Christmas Story in there too.
Let’s get this straight. I despise ALL of the Home Alone franchise. No parent in their right mind is going to forget their child at home and no kid is going to set numerous booby traps that burglars are going to fall for over and OVER AGAIN.
Let's get real people.

And what is with ABC Family playing the Home Alone series to death every year during Christmas time. Stop it.

Classic:

Well of course, Miracle on 34th St. and White Christmas make my list. They are the definition of classic Christmas movies. Ask anyone.
My least favorite, but still good (I can’t deny it) is It’s A Wonderful Life. It gets a little dark at some points or else it would be a top contender too.

Children:

 The Santa Clause series with Tim Allen is like my favorite. I don’t own it, but every time it is playing on TV you can bet your bottom dollar I’m watching it. A toy salesman who turns into Santa Clause because the previous Santa Clause fell off his roof is a pretty genius concept if you ask me.
My least favorite children’s movies are those creepy claymation movies. I know they are “staple” children’s Christmas movies, but claymation freaks me out.
So there you have it, my highs and lows of three Christmas movie categories.

Now go watch Elf and remember, “the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!” –Buddy the Elf.



No comments:

Post a Comment