Thursday, December 6, 2012

Antsy For Gatsby


I’ve written on this blog about how excited I am about the film adaptation of The Great Gatsby. The director, Baz Luhrmann, who is known for directing Moulin Rouge and Romeo + Juliet, which are other movies that I love, is going to knock it out of the park. I just know it! I’m already crushing on the intro track that is in the trailer!
So imagine my disappointment when I heard…

 Bad news alert! The release date has been pushed back to May 2013. No Great Gatsby for Christmas Day as I had hoped for! L

Oh well, I’m sure it will be more than worth the wait! It better be Baz.

In the mean time I’ll knock out Les Miserables and then go see the movie when it is released this Christmas.
Les Miserables and the release of Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2’s DVD release will just have to tide me over until May.

Speaking of Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2’s DVD release, director, Bill Condon said that it is very likely that this DVD will have deleted scenes and other special features. I know we were all feeling a little snubbed when Breaking Dawn Part 1 failed to produce any deleted scenes.
I personally thought it was a bad move on Summit Entertainment’s part. Always give the audience a little extra! After all the loyalty of a Twilight fan is practically second to none.

I know some of you are probably cringing on the mixture of classic films/books and well…. Twilight. All I have to say is that I am a complex creature with a mixture of tastes in movies and books. Plus, if you were a true movie and book connoisseur then you would have to submit yourself to reading Twilight out of a pure quest for knowledge over all things written. 

No comments:

Post a Comment