Thursday, December 6, 2012

Winter Break Book List


Every time I get a break from school, I plan out a couple books that I’d like to read. This Winter break I’m going to make reading a priority. After work each day I’d like to read for at least thirty minutes. That’s my goal.

I hope it actually gets cold enough outside to get to curl up by the fire with a cup of hot cocoa in hand and read a book all day long. Those are the days I live for. Sweet and simple.


Number one on my Winter break reading list is Les Miserables. As you all know by now, Les Miserables is coming to theatres this Christmas. I have heard nothing but great reviews of this novel turned play turned movie. I mean a play that holds the third longest run on Broadway, over 15 years and 6,680 performances, has to be good right? I can’t wait to find out!


After finishing Les Miserables, I think I’ll be due for something more light hearted and funny so I’m planning on diving into Mindy Kaling’s, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (and Other Concerns).  I love the Mindy Project which is Mindy’s new TV show.


Rounding out my goal to read three books is Mr. Darcy’s Diary written by Amanda Grange. I found this website called goodreads.com and it popped up when I plugged in Pride and Prejudice, which is my favorite book of all time. Also, a girl in my class was reading it and she suggested that I check it out.


Reading is a wonderful way to pass the time, possibly my favorite way to pass time. What will you be reading over the break? Do you even get a break? Winter intersession getting you down? I’d love to hear any suggestions that y’all have on the book front just in case I make it through all three of these!


1 comment:

  1. Only 3 books for the whole winter break? You should have that done the first week!

    ReplyDelete